WEIRD ANIMAL FACTS
The weird and wonderful lives of animals and nature.
If you’re looking for the weirdest, most wonderfully informative list of animal facts, you’re at the right place! Here are 20 animal facts that will blow your mind!
20. During World War II, Americans tried to train bats to drop bombs.
19. If a female ferret goes into heat and doesn’t mate, she will die.
18. Zebras can’t sleep alone.
17. Giraffes have the shortest sleep requirements of any mammal. They generally sleep for roughly 30 minutes per day, having microsleeps.
16. Mice can sense sadness in other mice. And that makes them sad too.
15. Chimpanzees can’t swim.
14. Gorillas can catch human colds and other illnesses.
13. A newborn Chinese water deer is so small it can almost be held in the palm of the hand.
12. Ostriches can run faster than horses, and the males can roar like lions.
11. The blue whale’s tongue weighs as much as an adult elephant.
10. The female lion does ninety percent of the hunting.
8. Turtles, water snakes, crocodiles, alligators, dolphins, whales, and other water going creatures will drown if kept underwater too long.
7. In Alaska it is illegal to whisper in someone’s ear while they’re moose hunting.
6. The bat is the only mammal that can fly.
5. The howler monkey is the loudest land animal. Its call can be heard from three miles away.
4. Female koalas have three vaginas.
3. The platypus is one of the few venomous mammals.
2. Crocodiles swallow stones for swimming. This both aids their digestion and controls their buoyancy in the water.
1. Wolves once lived in London.